Poblete Vilches y otrosCase
The facts of the case concern the death of Mr. Poblete Vilches, 76 years old, who was hospitalized and undergoing medical treatment in a public hospital in Chile. The allegations relate to the lack of informed consent and the faulty investigation of the facts.
In its sentence, the IA Court developed the scope of the right to health enshrined in Article 26 of the American Convention, examining its content in situations of medical emergencies, and in particular in the case of senior citizens.
The IA Court also developed standards such as informed consent and access to information in matters of health.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- May 15, 2002
- Submission to the IACourt
- Aug 26, 2016
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR 13, 4, 5, 1.1 4, 5, 1.1 5, 8, 25, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 26, 1.1 4, 26, 1.1 5, 26, 1.1 26, 13, 7, 11, 1.1 8.1, 25.1, 1.1 5.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
ACHR 26 8
- Acceso a informacion
- Personas mayores
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Geolocalización de los hechos del caso)
- Poblete Vilches y otros