The events of the case relate to the arrest of Raúl José Díaz Peña in February 2004, due to his alleged participation in an attack against the Consulate of Colombia and on the Spanish Office of International Trade, in February 2003.
The IA Court admitted the preliminary objection of failure to exhaust domestic remedies filed by the State regarding preventative detention and duration of proceedings, and developed standards regarding detention conditions and adequate medical care.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Oct 12, 2005
- Submission to the IACourt
- Nov 12, 2010
- Deprivation of liberty
- Detention conditions
- Lack of exhaustion of domestic remedies
- Court documents
- Chocrón Chocrón, Díaz Peña y Uzcátegui y otros. Order of the IACourt. November 20, 2015
- Chocrón Chocrón, Díaz Peña y Uzcátegui y otros. Order of the IACourt. November 22, 2016
- Díaz Peña y Uzcátegui y otros. Order of the IACourt. November 22, 2019
- Díaz Peña. Judgment. June 26, 2012
- Díaz Peña. Order of the President. November 2, 2011
- Documentos de la comisión