The events of the case relate to the arrest of Raúl José Díaz Peña in February 2004, due to his alleged participation in an attack against the Consulate of Colombia and on the Spanish Office of International Trade, in February 2003.
The IA Court admitted the preliminary objection of failure to exhaust domestic remedies filed by the State regarding preventative detention and duration of proceedings, and developed standards regarding detention conditions and adequate medical care.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Oct 12, 2005
- Submission to the IACourt
- Nov 12, 2010
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 1.1, 5.1, 5.2
- Condiciones de detención
- Falta de agotamiento de recursos internos
- Privación de libertad
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Case)
- Díaz Peña