Acosta y otrosProcess
The facts of the case concern criminal proceedings related to the murder of Mr. Francisco García Valle, the husband of Mrs. María Luisa Acosta Castellón, a well-known defender of the rights of indigenous peoples in Nicaragua.
The Inter-American Court analyzed the investigative and judicial response of the State, and the diligence with which they dealt with hypotheses surrounding the homicide, with particular emphasis on the motive, which could be linked to the work as of Ms. Acosta as a human rights defender.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Jun 22, 2007
- Submission to the IACourt
- Jul 29, 2015
- Human rights defenders
- Court documents
- Acosta y otros. Hearing. March 11, 2019
- Acosta y otros. Judgment. March 25, 2017
- Acosta y otros. Order of the IACourt. November 22, 2019
- Acosta y otros. Order of the IACourt. October 20, 2016
- Acosta y otros. Order of the President. June 16, 2016
- Acosta y otros. Order of the President. September 2, 2016
- Acosta y otros. Order of the President. September 28, 2016