The facts of the case concern the dismissal of Mr. Julio Casa Nina from his position as Provisional Deputy Prosecutor in January 2003.
In its judgment, the IA Court considered that stability and irremovability safeguards for judges are also applicable to prosecutors on the grounds of the type of functions they fulfill.
In addition, the Court also specified the scope of the right to labor stability as part of the right to work.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Feb 6, 2007
- Submission to the IACourt
- Aug 6, 2019
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR 8.1, 8.2.b, 8.2.c, 9, 1.1, 2 8.1, 8.2, 1.1 25.1, 1.1 23.1.c, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 8.1, 23.1.c, 26, 1.1, 2 25.1, 1.1
- Public official dismission
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- Casa Nina