The facts of the case refer to the illegal detention, torture and subsequent death of Asok Gangaram Panday, on the part of the Military Police.
The IA Court established standards regarding illegal and arbitrary detentions.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Dec 17, 1988
- Submission to the IACourt
- Aug 27, 1990
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 1.1, 7.2 4.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
ACHR 5.1, 5.2, 25.1, 25.2 4.1
- Deprivation of liberty
- Torture and cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment
4 connections, 4 documentssorted by: