Rochac Hernández y otrosCase
The facts of the petition refer to the forced disappearance of children from 1980 to 1982 by members of the armed forces after the execution of military "counterinsurgency" operations within the context of the armed conflict.
The Inter-American Court analyzed the facts within the context of a specific pattern of forced disappearance of children that, in many cases, involved taking and registering them with another name or under false information.
The Inter-American Court applied standards on forced disappearance, the right to identity and family, and special protection measures for children, as well as the right to access to justice within a reasonable timeframes.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Sep 11, 2003
- Submission to the IACourt
- Mar 21, 2013
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR 7, 5, 4, 3, 1.1 19, 1.1 17, 1.1 8.1, 25.1, 1.1 5, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 11.2, 17, 19, 1.1 5.1, 5.2, 1.1 8.1, 25, 1.1 7, 5, 4.1, 3, 1.1 7.6, 1.1
- Forced disappearance
- Court documents
- Rochac Hernández y otros. Audiencia del 1 de abril de 2014
- Rochac Hernández y otros. Judgment. October 14, 2014
- Rochac Hernández y otros. Order of the IACourt. February 9, 2017
- Rochac Hernández y otros. Order of the IACourt. June 23, 2015
- Rochac Hernández y otros. Order of the President. December 12, 2013
- Rochac Hernández y otros. Order of the President. March 3, 2014
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- Rochac Hernández y otros