Guzmán Albarracín y otrosCase
The facts of the case concern the sexual violence and lack of medical attention that resulted in the death of Paola, an adolescent of 16 years old. Paola had been sexually harassed and sexually abused by the assistant principal of the public school she attended. As a consequence of such acts she became pregnant. Additionally, the facts remain in impunity.
For the first time, the IA Court developed standards related to the right of girls to a life free of sexual violence in educational settings.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Oct 2, 2006
- Submission to the IACourt
- Feb 7, 2019
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR IACBdoPara Prot-ESCR 4.1, 5.1, 11, 19, 24, 26, 1.1 7.a, 7.b 13 8.1, 25.1, 24, 1.1 7.b 5.1, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR IACBdoPara cpst Prot-ESCR 4.1, 5.1, 11, 19, 1.1 7.a, 7.b, 7.c 13 8.1, 25.1, 24, 1.1, 2 7.b 5.1, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
ACHR IACBdoPara cpst Prot-ESCR 5.2 13 1 8
- Violencia de género
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión