Uzcátegui y otrosProcess
The events of the case, which occurred in January 2001, refer to the extrajudicial execution of Nestor Uzcátegui and the arrest of his brothers Luis Enrique and Carlos Uzcátegui, by members of state security forces.
The IA Court placed the events of the case in a context of extrajudicial executions and other abuses perpetrated by state and municipal police forces, in particular in the Falcón state.
The IA Court applied standards regarding due diligence in the investigation related in principal to the guarantee of a reasonable time and the context in which the events occurred. Furthermore, the IA Court referenced the right to private life and property, in relation to the consequences of the violence with which the raids were conducted in the victim’s homes.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Mar 14, 2007
- Submission to the IACourt
- Oct 22, 2010
- Extrajudicial execution
- Court documents
- Chocrón Chocrón, Díaz Peña y Uzcátegui y otros. Order of the IACourt. November 20, 2015
- Chocrón Chocrón, Díaz Peña y Uzcátegui y otros. Order of the IACourt. November 22, 2016
- Díaz Peña y Uzcátegui y otros. Order of the IACourt. November 22, 2019
- Familia Barrios, Uzcátegui y otros, Hermanos Landaeta Mejías y otros. Order of the IACourt. November 21, 2018
- Uzcátegui et al. Judgment. September 3, 2012
- Uzcátegui et al. Order of the President. June 1, 2011
- Documentos de la comisión