Omeara Carrascal y otrosProcess
The facts of the case concern the extrajudicial execution of Noel Emiro Carrascal, the forced disappearance and execution of his son Manuel, and the attack and subsequent death of his father-in-law, all of which occurred between January and October 1994 in the Municipality of Aguachica, department of Cesar. This events occurred due to actions of paramilitary groups in collaboration of state agents.
The sentence of the IA Court analyzes the State’s obligation to protect the right to life and personal integrity and the due diligence in the investigation of the facts. It also addresses the right to freedom of movement and residence with regards to the displacement suffered by the victims of the case.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- May 4, 1995
- Submission to the IACourt
- May 21, 2016
- Extrajudicial execution
- Forced displacement
- Court documents
- Omeara Carrascal y otros. Hearing. May 25, 2017
- Omeara Carrascal y otros. Hearing. May 26, 2017
- Omeara Carrascal y otros. Judgment. November 21, 2018
- Omeara Carrascal y otros. Judgment. October 14, 2019
- Omeara Carrascal y otros. Order of the President. April 21, 2017
- Omeara Carrascal y otros. Resolución de la CorteIDH de 15 de mayo de 2017