Fairén Garbi y Solís CorralesCase
The facts of the case concern the disappearance of the Costa Rican nationals Francisco Fairén Garbi and Yolanda Solís Corrales, while they travelled through Honduras towards Mexico.
The IA Court developed standards on forced disappearances, invoking the cases Velásquez Rodríguez and Godínez Cruz in their decisions. However, the case was rejected because it wasn’t considered to be evidenced that the disappearance of the victims was related with the active State practice of forced disappearance at the time of the events.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Jan 14, 1982
- Submission to the IACourt
- Apr 24, 1986
- Forced disappearance
- Court documents
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- Fairen Garbi y Solis Corrales