Carpio Nicolle y otrosProcess
The events of the case refer to the murder of Jorge Carpio Nicolle and a group of his delegation, after being intercepted by a group of armed men, members of the Civil Defense Patrol (PAC), in July 1993 whilst they were on a political tour. Carpio was a prominent politician and journalist, founder of the National Centrist Union party, and thereby opposition to the government. After the events, those who survived denounced the crime, which has remained in impunity. At the time when these events occurred, the PAC of San Pedro de Jocopilas committed crimes against the region’s residents, protected by a structure of impunity.
The State made an express acknowledgment of its international responsibility, whereby the IA Court ruled concerning the scope of obligatory reparations.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Jul 12, 1994
- Submission to the IACourt
- Jun 13, 2003
- Extrajudicial execution
- Court documents
- Carpio Nicolle et al. Judgment. November 22, 2004
- Carpio Nicolle et al. Order of the IACourt. July 1, 2009
- Carpio Nicolle et al. Order of the IACourt. July 10, 2007
- Miembros de la aldea Chichupac y Comunidades de Rabinal.Molina Theissen y otros 12 casos. Order of the IACourt. October 14, 2019
- Miembros de la Chichupac y comunidades de Rabinal Molina, Theissen y otros 12 casos. Order of the IACourt. March 12, 2019
- Supervisión conjunta de 11 casos. Order of the IACourt. August 21, 2014