García Prieto y otrosCase
The facts of the case concern the non-compliance with the state obligation to investigate, in an effective and adequate manner, the homicide of Ramón García Prieto in June 1994, and the threats and harassment suffered by his family members.
The IA Court analyzed the State response in light of the criterion of due diligence, establishing standards regarding the relevance of the use of adequate technical resources to carry out investigations regarding threats and harassments.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Oct 22, 1996
- Submission to the IACourt
- Feb 9, 2006
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 1.1, 5.1, 8.1, 25.1
- Extrajudicial execution
- Threats and harassment
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- García Prieto