González y otros (Campo Algodonero)Case
The facts of instant case refer to the disappearance and death of 3 young women, 2 of them minors, whose bodies were found in a cotton field in Ciudad de Juárez in 2001. The victims were subjected to significant torture of a sexual nature.
The IA Court places the facts of the case within a context of increased femicide since 1993 in Ciudad Juárez, and which presents characteristics of sexual violence that largely remain in impunity.
The IA Court developed standards regarding the obligation of respect, guarantee and prevention with relation to gender violence and concerning the State’s duty of due diligence in their response to acts of this nature. Furthermore it established criteria regarding the performance of autopsies and identifying gender stereotyping in state practices.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Mar 6, 2002
- Submission to the IACourt
- Nov 4, 2007
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR IACBdoPara 1.1, 2, 4.1, 5.1, 5.2, 7.1 1.1, 2, 4.1, 5.1, 5.2, 7.1, 8.1, 25.1 7.b, 7.c 1.1, 4.1, 5.1, 5.2, 7.1, 8.1, 25.1 7.b, 7.c 1.1, 2, 19 1.1, 5.1, 5.2
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
ACHR 1.1, 4, 5, 7 11
- Forced disappearance
- Gender violence
- Court documents
- Asunto Perez Torres y otros. Order of the President. April 24, 2009
- González y otras (Campo Algodonero). Judgment. November 16, 2009
- González y otras (Campo Algodonero). Order of the IACourt. January 19, 2009
- González y otras (Campo Algodonero). Order of the IACourt. March 18, 2009
- González y otras. Order of the IACourt. May 21, 2013