Hernández, José LuisCase
The facts of the case relate to the conditions of detention of Mr. Hernández, who was held in pre-trial custody. During that period, he contracted meningitis and did not receive adequate medical treatment.
In its sentence, the IA Court addresses for the first time in an autonomous and direct manner the violation of the right to health for persons deprived of liberty.
Additionally, the IA Court examined violations of personal liberty and presumption of innocence as a result of the pre-trial detention of Mr. Hernández.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Jun 30, 1998
- Submission to the IACourt
- Feb 8, 2018
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR 5.1, 5.2, 8.1, 25.1, 1.1 7.1, 7.3, 1.1 5.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 5.1, 5.2, 1.1 5.1, 5.2, 26, 1.1 7.1, 7.3, 8.2, 1.1 25, 1.1 5.1, 1.1
- Deprivation of liberty
- Pretrial detention
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- Hernández, José Luis