The facts of the case concern the failure to comply with two judicial rulings (1993 and 1999, respectively) that recognized the pension rights of Mr. Muelle Flores as a former worker of the State mining company Tintaya.
In its sentence, the IA Court examined the failure to comply with national rulings in accordance to standards on effective judicial protection and reasonable period of time for the proceedings.
Additionally, it developed the scope of the right to social security as an autonomous right.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Apr 8, 1998
- Submission to the IACourt
- Jul 13, 2017
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR 25.1, 25.2.c), 1.1, 2 8.1, 1.1 21, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 25.1, 25.2.c), 1.1, 2 8.1, 1.1 21.1, 21.2, 25.1, 25.2.c, 26, 1.1 26, 5, 8.1, 11.1, 25.1, 25.2.c, 1.1, 2
- Effective judicial protection
- Seguridad social
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- Muelle Flores