Herzog y otrosCase
The facts of the case relate to the arbitrary detention, torture and death of the journalist Vladimir Herzog on October 25th, 1975, in facilities of the Army, and the impunity of the facts as a consequence of the application of an amnesty law enacted during the last military dictatorship in Brazil.
In its sentence, the IA Court detailed its general observations about the elements of the crimes against humanity and the State responsibility in that regard, as well as its application in the case of the torture and death of Mr. Herzog.
It also ratified the scope of the State’s positive obligation of securing access to information and public files in relation to the right to truth.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Jul 10, 2009
- Submission to the IACourt
- Apr 22, 2016
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR IACPPT ADRDM I, IV, VII, XVIII, XXII, XXV 5.1, 8.1, 25.1, 1.1, 2 1, 6. 8
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR IACPPT 8.1, 25.1, 1.1, 2 1, 6, 8 8, 25, 1.1 5.1, 25, 1.1
- Access to public information
- Crimes against humanity
- Torture and cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Case)
- Herzog y otros