Alfonso Martin del Campo DoddCase
The facts of the case refer to the alleged illegal detention and torture of Alfonso Martín del Campo Dodd as perpetrated by the Judicial Police of Mexico’s Distrito Federal, and his sentence to 50 years in prison for double homicide based on a confession obtained under torture.
The IA Court upheld the non jurisdiction objection for ratione temporis requested by the State. To this end, it referenced the State’s duty to investigate, prosecute and punish those responsible for the denounced events. However it recognised that the acts of torture were not continuous, but an instantaneous offence, thereby it does not have jurisdiction to hear a case, once the events have occurred prior to the recognition of the IA Court’s jurisdiction.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Jul 13, 1998
- Submission to the IACourt
- Jan 30, 2003
- Deprivation of liberty
- Torture and cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- Alfonso Martin del Campo Dodd