The facts of the case refer to the violation of Jorge Castañeda Gutman’s political rights, owing to an electoral law that imposed the requirement that Presidential candidates had to be postulated by a political party.
The IA Court elaborated standards regarding judicial protection with relation to accessibility and effectiveness of the recourse and analyzed the scope and content of political rights, in particular, the conditions and criteria for its regulation.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Oct 12, 2005
- Submission to the IACourt
- Mar 21, 2007
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 1.1, 2, 25
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
ACHR 1.1, 2, 23.1.b) 1.1, 24
- Derechos políticos
- Court documents
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Geolocalización de los hechos del caso)
- Castañeda Gutman