Goiburu et alProcess
The facts of the case concern the illegal detention, torture and forced disappearance of Agustín Goiburú Giménez, Carlos José Mancuello Bareiro and the brothers Rodolfo and Benjamín Ramírez Villalba, which occurred during the dictatorship of Alfredo Stroessner in Paraguay, in the context of the so-called “Operation Condor” - the name given to the alliance which united and combined the security forces and intelligence of services of Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia and Brazil.
The IA Court consolidated its jurisprudence with regards to the continued and permanent character of the crime of forced disappearance, and recognized that said crime and the consequent obligation to investigate and sanction those responsible have the character of non-derogable standards of international law jus cogens. The IA Court also analyzed the dictatorial regime, including the scope of the obligation of interstate cooperation with regard to extradition.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Dec 6, 1995
- Submission to the IACourt
- Jun 8, 2005
- Forced disappearance
- Court documents
- Goiburú et al. Order of the IACourt. August 6, 2008
- Goiburú et al. Order of the IACourt. November 19, 2009
- Goiburú y otros. Judgment. September 22, 2006
- Goiburú y otros. Order of the IACourt. May 14, 2019
- Goiburu y otros. Order of the IACourt. May 23, 2017
- Goiburú y otros. Order of the President. August 7, 2009