The facts of the case relate to the illegal detention of 17 year old Walter Bulacio during a mass detention, a practice known as “Razzia” and protected by active legal regulations in the city of Buenos Aires. The mass detention was carried out in the area where a rock concert was due to take place. Bulacio was taken to a police station where he was held in solitary confinement, without being informed of the reasons for his detention and without being brought before a judge.
The young man was beaten by police agents and died a few days after as a consequence of the injuries incurred.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- May 13, 1997
- Submission to the IACourt
- Jan 24, 2001
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 1.1, 4, 5, 7, 9, 2 1.1, 2, 8, 25
- Privación de libertad
- Tortura y tratos crueles, inhumanos o degradantes
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Geolocalización de los hechos del caso)
6 relationships, 6 entities