Boyce et alCase
The facts of the present case refer to the mandatory sentencing of four people to the death penalty for the crime of homicide.
The IA Court developed standards regarding the incompatibility of the mandatory imposition of the death sentence with the right to life and prohibition of the arbitrary violation of life. Additionally, the Court analyzed the conditions of detention in light of the prohibition of cruel, inhumane and degrading treatment.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Sep 3, 2004
- Submission to the IACourt
- Jun 23, 2006
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 1.1, 4.1, 4.2 1.1, 4.1, 4.2, 25.1 1.1, 5.1, 5.2
- Death penalty
- Detention conditions
- Court documents
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- Boyce y otros