The events of the case relate to the extrajudicial execution of 14 fishermen perpetrated by military and police personnel belonging to the “José Antonio Páez Specific Command” (CEJAP), within the framework of an operation called “Anguila III.” The CEJAP subsequently alleged that the fishermen were Colombian guerrillas who were preparing actions in Venezuelan territory, and presented the events as the result of a confrontation.
Venezuela recognized its international responsibility for the reported events and the alleged rights violations.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Aug 19, 1990
- Submission to the IACourt
- Jan 14, 1994
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 2, 1.1 4, 1.1 5, 1.1 8.1, 1.1 24, 1.1 25, 1.1
- Ejecución extrajudicial
- Court documents
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Geolocalización de los hechos del caso)
- El Amparo