The facts of the case refer to the breach of guarantees in the criminal proceedings carried out against Fermín Ramírez, and which resulted in the conviction of a death penalty for the rape and death of a minor.
The IA Court developed standards regarding the principle of coherence or correlation between the indictment and the verdict and its connection with the right to defense. It also analyzed the compatibility of the dangerousness of the agent as a criterion for the criminal classification of the acts with the principle of legality.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Jun 9, 2000
- Submission to the IACourt
- Sep 12, 2004
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 1.1, 8.2.b), 8.2.c) 2, 9 1.1, 2, 4.6 1.1, 5.1, 5.2
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
ACHR 25, 17
- Death penalty
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- Fermín Ramírez