Gutiérrez Hernández y otrosCase
The facts of the case concern the forced disappearance of Mayra Angelina Gutiérrez Hernández in April 2000, and the lack of investigation to locate her whereabouts and hold those responsible to account.
In its sentence, the IA Court established the differences between a case of “disappearance” and one of “forced disappearance”. It concludes that, given the available evidence, the facts of Mrs. Gutiérrez Hernández’s case fall within the first category.
The Court is also analyzing the State’s investigation in the light of the standards established by the Convention of Belém do Pará and taking into account negative gender stereotypes in said investigation.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Oct 30, 2000
- Submission to the IACourt
- Jul 15, 2015
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR IACFDP 8.1, 25, 1.1 I.b 8.1, 24, 1.1 - 4, 5, 1.1 - 5.1, 1.1 -
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR cbdpara 24, 1.1, 8.1, 25 7.b 8.1, 25, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
ACHR IACFDP 3, 4, 5, 7 I, II 4, 5, 1.1 5
- Forced disappearance
- Gender violence
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- Gutiérrez Hernández y otros