The facts of the case concern the forced disappearance of Saúl Godínez Cruz in July 1982, while he was ON HIS WAY TO WORK as a teacher/ while he was on his way to teach. The victim was an active union leader and had participated in various strikes initiated in that/this period.
The IA Court applied the standards developed in the case of Velásquez Rodríguez regarding the elements and characteristics of forced disappearance, taking into consideration the prevailing historical context at the time of the events. Equally, the IA Court established standards developing the characteristics of obligation through the state duty to prevent and sanction.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Oct 9, 1982
- Submission to the IACourt
- Apr 24, 1986
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 1.1, 7 1.1, 5 1.1, 4
- Defensores/as de derechos humanos
- Desaparición forzada
- Court documents
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Geolocalización de los hechos del caso)
- Godínez Cruz