García Cruz y Sánchez SilvestreCase
The facts of the case refer to the illegal detention and torture of Juan García Cruz and Santiago Sánchez Silvestre that took place on June 6, 1997, as well as the lack of guarantees in the proceedings, which resulted in their conviction. The torture they were subjected to meant that in their first statements they incriminated themselves for certain crimes.
The case resulted in a friendly settlement agreement through which the State acknowledged its international responsibility for the events and which was endorsed by the IA Court.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- May 10, 2000
- Submission to the IACourt
- Mar 17, 2013
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR IACPPT 5, 1.1 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 1.1 8.1, 25, 1.1 1, 8, 10 2 6
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR IACPPT 1.1, 5, 7, 8, 25 2 6 - 1, 8, 10
- Deprivation of liberty
- Torture and cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos