The facts of the case concern the forced disappearance, on December 16, 1993, of Kenneth Ney Anzualdo Castro, a 25 year old man. This act was perpetrated by agents of the Military Intelligence Service, due to his alleged links with the group “Sendero Luminoso”.
The IA Court developed standards regarding forced disappearance as a violation of multiple human rights, which place victims in a state of complete defenselessness and acquires particular gravity when, as in this case, it forms part of a pattern of applied or tolerated practice by the State. The Court also established criteria for the investigation of cases of forced disappearance to be carried out with due diligence.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- May 27, 1994
- Submission to the IACourt
- Jul 11, 2008
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR IACFDP 1.1, 3, 4.1, 5.1, 5.2, 7.1, 7.6 I 1.1, 2, 5.1, 5.2, 8.1, 25 I.b), III
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
- Forced disappearance
- Court documents
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- Anzualdo Castro