The facts of the case concern the delays in labor justice procedures in a suit filed by Mr. Spoltore due to partial disability as a result of an occupational disease.
In its judgement, the IA Court elaborated on standards related to equitable and satisfactory working conditions that can guarantee workers’ health, as a component of the right to work in accordance with art. 26 of the American Convention.
The Court also noted that access to justice is a component of the right to working conditions that guarantee workers’ health.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Sep 11, 2000
- Submission to the IACourt
- Jan 23, 2019
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR 8.1, 25.1, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 8.1, 25.1, 1.1 26, 8.1, 25.1, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
ACHR 8.2.h, 1.1, 2
- Labour rights
- Court documents