The facts of the case refer to the illegal arrest of Santiago Gómez Palomino on July 9, 1992, and his subsequent forced disappearance, carried out by the armed group “Colina.” Upon his arrest, no reasons were given for his arrest nor was he shown any warrant.
The IA Court developed standards regarding forced disappearance as a violation of multiple human rights, which place victims in a state of complete defenselessness and acquires particular gravity when, as in this case, it forms part of a pattern of applied or tolerated practice by the State. It also established criteria in order for investigations of forced disappearance cases to be carried out with due diligence.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Oct 8, 1992
- Submission to the IACourt
- Sep 13, 2004
- Deprivation of liberty
- Forced disappearance
- Court documents
- Gómez Palomino, Anzualdo Castro, Osorio Rivera y familiares y Tenorio Roca y otros. Order of the IACourt. May 14, 2019
- Gomez Palomino. Judgment. November 22, 2005
- Gómez Palomino. Order of the IACourt. February 13, 2013
- Gomez Palomino. Order of the IACourt. July 1, 2009
- Gomez Palomino. Order of the IACourt. July 5, 2011
- Gomez Palomino. Order of the IACourt. October 18, 2007
- Gomez Palomino. Order of the President. December 21, 2010