Nestor Rolando López y otrosCase
The facts of the case relate to the situation of 16 individuals convicted and deprived of their freedom in the province of Neuquén, who were taken to serve their sentence in prison units more than 1,000 km away from their families’ places of residence and from the location of their advocates and the bodies in charge of enforcement of the sentence.
In its sentence, the IA Court developed standards on the right to integrity of the persons deprived of liberty, and in particular as it relates to the purposes of the punishment.
Additionally, it examined the effects on private life and on the right of protection of family life for both the persons deprived of liberty and for their families, as a consequence of arbitrary and disproportionate transfers.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Oct 15, 1998
- Submission to the IACourt
- Jan 11, 2018
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR 5.1, 5.2, 5.6, 11.2, 17.1 5.1, 5.3, 11.2, 17.1, 1.1, 2 25.1, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 5.1, 5.6, 11.2, 17.1, 1.1, 30 5.1, 5.3, 11.2, 17.1, 1.1 5.2, 1.1 8.2.d, 1.1 8.1, 25.1, 1.1
- Deprivation of liberty
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- Nestor Rolando López y otros