The events of the case refer to the kidnapping, murder and forced disappearance of the US journalist Nicholas Chapman Blake, by the Civilian Defense Patrol (PAC), in March 1985. The PAC, also known as the Civil Defense Committees, was connected to the Army and coordinated by the Ministry of National Defense.
The IA Court established standards regarding the scope of the right to judicial guarantees, which also includes the right of the victim’s family to these.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Nov 18, 1993
- Submission to the IACourt
- Aug 5, 1995
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 1.1, 8.1 1.1, 5
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
ACHR 13 22
- Desaparición forzada
- Court documents
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Geolocalización de los hechos del caso)