The facts of the case relate to the extrajudicial execution by members of the Army of a young man, Mirey Trueba Arciniega, in August 1998 in the state of Chihuahua. Some days before the event, 400 military men had arrived to the place with the purpose of fighting drug trafficking.
In its sentence, the IA Court approves an agreement of friendly settlement in which Mexico acknowledges its responsibility in the facts and commits to provide reparations for the victims.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Aug 2, 2001
- Submission to the IACourt
- Apr 28, 2018
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR 4.1, 1.1, 2 4.1, 1.1 4.1, 22.214.171.124 8.1, 25.1, 1.1, 2 8.1, 25.1, 1.1 5.1, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 4.1, 5.1, 1.1, 2 5.1, 8.1, 25.1
- Extrajudicial execution
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Geolocalización de los hechos del caso)
- Trueba Arciniega