Comunidades Indigenas miembros de la Asociación Lhaka HonhatCase
The facts of the case concern the lack of safeguards of the territorial rights of the indigenous communities that inhabited the public lots No. 55 and 14 in the Department of Rivadavia, Salta province.
The IA Court examined the State’s conduct with regards to its obligation to provide legal certainty in compliance to the right to community property .
Additionally, for the first time the IA Court decided on the rights to a healthy environment, adequate food, water, and to take part in cultural life, assessing State responsibility in view of the impediments suffered by the indigenous communities in the full possession of their territory.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Aug 4, 1998
- Submission to the IACourt
- Feb 1, 2018
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR 21 21, 1.1, 2 8, 25, 21, 1.1 21, 13, 23, 1.1, 2 21, 1.1, 2
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 21, 8.1, 25.1, 1.1, 2 21, 23.1, 1.1 26, 1.1 8.1, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
- Indigenous peoples
- Right to consultation
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- Comunidades Indígenas miembros de la Asociación Lhaka Honhat