Apitz Barbera y otrosCase
The events of the case relate to the removal from office proceedings applied to 3 judges, with provisional positions, from the First Court for Administration Matters.
The IA Court analyzed the removal proceedings in light of judicial guarantees and developed standards regarding judicial independence and the State’s duty to provide grounds regarding its decisions. Additionally, it established criteria regarding the right to accede to public office, in accordance with guarantees of equality and reasonable proceedings and objectives that allow for stability in its execution.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Apr 6, 2004
- Submission to the IACourt
- Nov 29, 2006
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 1.1, 2, 8.1 1.1, 8.1 1.1, 2, 8.1 1.1, 25.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
ACHR 8.1 25.1 24 23.1c 1.1, 8.1
- Public official dismission
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión