The events of the case relate to the dismissal of María Cristina Reverón Trujillo, in February 2003, who was acting as a First Instance Criminal Judge. After the event, the victim appealed for annulment, the appeal was accepted but her reinstatement to office was not ordered, and she did not receive payment of her salary nor the social benefits she was entitled to.
The IA Court applied standards regarding the right to effective judicial remedy and developed criteria regarding judicial independence relating to due guarantees in the appointment process, tenure in the position and guarantee against external pressures, highlighting the specifications in the appointment of provisional judges.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Apr 8, 2005
- Submission to the IACourt
- Nov 9, 2007
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 1.1, 2, 25.1 1.1, 23.1.c
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
ACHR 5.1 8.1
- Destitución de funcionario público
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Geolocalización de los hechos del caso)
- Reverón Trujillo