Defensor de DD.HH y otrosCase
The facts of the petition refer to the murder of human rights defender A.A. on December 20, 2004 that has gone unpunished due to irregularities and the lack of government diligence in the investigations.
The Inter-American Court analyzed the facts in the context of threats and attacks on the life and personal integrity of human rights defenders – post peace accords - especially those working for the protection and promotion of economic, social and cultural rights, as well as the search for truth and justice for serious human rights violations that took place during the armed conflict.
The Inter-American Court developed standards on state responsibility regarding the duty to guarantee the right to life and integrity, as well as suitability requirements that require measures to provide adequate and effective protection to people who defend human rights.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Dec 9, 2005
- Submission to the IACourt
- Jul 17, 2012
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 5.1, 1.1 5.1, 1.1, 19 22.1, 1.1 22.1, 1.1, 19 23, 1.1 8, 25, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
ACHR 4.1, 1.1 23.1, 1.1
- Extrajudicial execution
- Human rights defenders
- Threats and harassment
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- Defensor de DD.HH y otros