Gudiel Alvarez y otros ("Diario Militar")Process
The facts of the case refer to the forced disappearance of 26 people, the extrajudicial execution of Rudy Figueroa Muñoz and the arrest and torture of a girl. The data of the victims was found in the records of the “Diario Militar,” a document that contained confidential information gathered from military intelligence, such as lists of human rights organizations and media. The IA Court placed these events in the framework of a systematic practice by the State of forced disappearances, which were part of a policy of attacks against individuals identified as internal enemies under the National Security Doctrine.
The IA Court applied standards regarding the multiple violation of rights that constitute forced disappearance, emphasizing that at the time of the events, a systematic pattern of forced disappearances and use of clandestine detention centers existed.
The IA Court developed questions referring to the violation of freedom of association and expression of the victims, and standards regarding the special obligation to investigate with due diligence and within a reasonable time frame the acts deriving from forced disappearance, with a particular focus in relation to sexual violence.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Dec 9, 2005
- Submission to the IACourt
- Feb 18, 2011
- Extrajudicial execution
- Forced disappearance
- Freedom of association
- Gender violence
- Court documents
- Gudiel Alvarez et al (Diario Militar). Judgment. August 19, 2013
- Gudiel Alvarez y otros (Diario Militar). Judgment. November 20, 2012
- Gudiel Alvarez y otros. Order of the IACourt. October 7, 2019
- Gudiel Alvarez y otros. Order of the President. March 20, 2012
- Miembros de la aldea Chichupac y Comunidades de Rabinal.Molina Theissen y otros 12 casos. Order of the IACourt. October 14, 2019
- Miembros de la Chichupac y comunidades de Rabinal Molina, Theissen y otros 12 casos. Order of the IACourt. March 12, 2019