Valle Ambrosio y otroCase
The facts of the case concern the lack of judicial remedies that would allow Mr. del Valle Ambrosio and Mr. Domínguez Linares to appeal the criminal judgement delivered against them in the province of Córdoba.
In its judgement, the IA Court found the State accountable for the response of domestic courts to the suits brought by the victims’ to challenge their convictions.
The Court reiterated its case law regarding standards that must be observed in order to safeguard the right to appeal a ruling before a judge or Superior Court, as a minimum guarantee of the due process of law.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Jul 10, 2000
- Oct 4, 2000
- Submission to the IACourt
- Sep 4, 2018
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR 8.2.h), 1.1, 2 25.1, 1.1, 2
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 8.2.h), 1.1, 2
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
- Right to appeal the judgment
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- Del Valle Ambrosio y Dominguez Linares