Familia Pacheco TineoCase
The facts of the case concern the deportation of Pacheco Tineo Family from Bolivia to Peru, enforced on February 24, 2001, following the State’s rejection of their application for refugee status and ordering their removal from the country.
In the case, the IA Court established the minimum guarantees of due process that should be adhered to in proceedings of a migratory nature that can culminate in the removal or deportation of a foreign person, as well as in the application proceedings for the recognition of refugee status.
The IA Court also evidenced the specific impact this had on the family’s children, establishing that the special protection children should receive projects onto the legal or administrative proceedings, which determine an asylum application or a deportation that affects them.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Apr 25, 2002
- Submission to the IACourt
- Feb 21, 2012
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR 8.1, 8.2, 22.7, 22.8, 25, 1.1 5.1, 1.1 19, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 1.1, 8, 22.7, 22.8, 25 1.1, 5.1 1.1, 8.1, 17, 19, 22.7, 22.8, 25
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
ACHR 5.2 2, 9
- Court documents
- Familia Pacheco Tineo. Hearing. March 20, 2013
- Familia Pacheco Tineo. Judgment. November 25, 2013
- Familia Pacheco Tineo. Order of the IACourt. April 17, 2015
- Familia Pacheco Tineo. Order of the IACourt. January 26, 2015
- Familia Pacheco Tineo. Order of the President. February 19, 2013
- Pacheco Tineo. Hearing. March 19, 2013