Cuscul Pivaral y otrosCase
The facts of the case concern the lack of proper medical attention from the 1990s to 2006 for a group of people diagnosed with HIV/AIDS.
In its sentence, the IA Court considered that the dispute over the scope of the right to health understood as an autonomous right was central, and advanced within the line of case-law of the Lagos del Campo case. In this line, it focused on the right to health of people living with HIV and the State’s obligations in that regard: access to medication, to diagnostic tests, and to social and psychological assistance, among others.
It also analyzed from the perspective of the guarantee of non-discrimination the specific character of the violation of such rights in the case of women in reproductive age.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Aug 26, 2003
- Submission to the IACourt
- Dec 2, 2016
- IACommission / Merits report: rights violated
ACHR 4.1, 5.1, 1.1 25.1, 1.1 5.1, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 26, 1.1 4, 26, 1.1 5, 26, 1.1 8.1, 25.1, 1.1 8, 1.1 5.1
- Reproductive rights
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Geolocalización de los hechos del caso)
- Cuscul Pivaral y otros