The facts of the case concern the exclusion from participation in the municipal elections of a group of candidates pertaining to a regional indigenous political party, as a result of a resolution emitted by the Supreme Electoral Council.
The IA Court developed standards regarding the content of political rights, in particular the right to political participation, in relation to the undue restriction which was imposed upon the victims, product of a regulation which it considered discriminatory.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Apr 26, 2001
- Submission to the IACourt
- Jun 17, 2003
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
CADH 1.1, 8.1 1.1, 2, 25.1 1.1, 2, 23, 24 23, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
- Derechos políticos
- Pueblos indígenas
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Geolocalización de los hechos del caso)
12 relationships, 12 entities