The facts of the case relate to the torture suffered by Uruguayan national Juan Francisco Bueno Alves, at the hands of members of the Argentine Federal Police. This was carried out with the intention of making him declare against himself and his lawyer. Following these events, judicial proceedings lasting more than 9 years began and were finished without the identification and subsequent trial of those responsible having been established.
The IA Court established the importance if prompt investigation in cases involving allegations of torture or mistreatment, particularly when there are no witnesses.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Aug 24, 1994
- Submission to the IACourt
- Mar 31, 2006
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 1.1, 5 8.1, 25, 1.1
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
ACHR 11 24
- Tortura y tratos crueles, inhumanos o degradantes
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión