The facts of the case concern the illegal and arbitrary detention of Yvon Neptune, who served as Prime Minister of Haiti, for his responsibility of the massacre of the population of La Scierie and of the fire in various houses in February 2004.
The IA Court developed standards regarding the obligation of respect and the guarantee of the right to access justice, to be heard promptly by a competent court and the right to have an effective judicial remedy. Moreover, the Court pronounced on the conditions of the detention of the victim and the right to personal integrity.
- Presentation to the IACommission
- Apr 20, 2005
- Submission to the IACourt
- Dec 14, 2006
- IACourt / Judgment: rights violated
ACHR 1.1, 8.1, 25 1.1, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5 1.1, 5.1, 5.2, 5.4
- IACourt / Judgment: rights non-violated
- Deprivation of liberty
- Detention conditions
- Court documents
- Documentos de la comisión
- Geolocalización de los hechos
- Geolocalización de los hechos (linked Place of the events)
- Yvon Neptune